One of the very few totally exclusive tented camps in Kenya, Shompole Wilderness is a small private tented camp set in Shompole, deep in Kenya’s Southern part of the Great Rift Valley. Nestled under the giant fig trees on the banks of the Ewaso Ngiro river, this small, homely and family run and managed tented camp is one of the few places in Africa that combines wildlife sightings in the Great Rift Valley with the stunning pink, red, green and yellow colours of Lake Magadi and Lake Natron, both Lesser and Greater flamingos and a welcoming Maasai community.
Wildlife is abundant in this relatively unknown corner of Kenya, with only Rhino missing from the diverse ecosystem. A typical drive, or walk, could yield plenty of plains game including zebra, wildebeest, Grant’s gazelle and giraffe. Elephants are back in the area after many years of absence and can often be seen if you are out early in the morning making their way down to the river to drink.
- Above rates are Resident Rates
- Untouched Wilderness
What is included in the tour
- Full-board accommodation
- All activities excluding cultural visits.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Conservation fees per person per night US$ 15 per adult and US$ 7.5 per child.
- Community fees per person sharing per night US$ 15 per adult and US$ 7.5 per child.
- Gratuities and personal expenses.
- Charter flights.