Kwezi Safaris is committed to a policy of fair trading and great care is taken to see that you have a successful holiday.
All of the arrangements for your holiday are governed by the conditions below which must be read and then after sign our booking form.
3. Alterations by you - All desired changes to your holiday reservation have to be put in writing. A change of holiday within 10 weeks of departure will be treated as a cancellation and charges will be levied as set out in Paragraph 2 above.
4. Insurance Scheme- It is requirement, when booking your holiday that you arrange a policy yourself providing comparable or greater cover. This policy must also offer a 24 hour emergency telephone service.
5. A booking on a shared-room basis is only accepted on the understanding that if a room mate cannot be matched then you will be required to accept a single room and pay the appropriate single supplement.
6. We strongly condemn the collecting of any living specimens from the natural world. Our holidays provide the opportunity to watch and photograph wildlife only; not to disturb them!
7. All baggage and personal belongings are at all times at the passengers own risk.
8. The passenger is responsible for ensuring that all travel documents (eg. Passport, Visa etc) are valid and effective.
9.Safari Price: Includes all expenses in respect of the safari vehicle,driver guide as per itinerary,meals while on safari,accomodation,entrace fees to National parks and game reserves.Take note of the inclusions and exclusions in each itinerary.
10.Safari Transport:Tour cars,Pop up safari minivans,Pop up 4 by 4 Land Cruisers will be provided depending on the tour program/itinerary and number of tour participants.The company reserves the right to employ services of same standard sub-contractors.
English,German,French,Italian,and Spanish speaking driver guides are provided upon request.
Any complaints that may arise during safari travel should be communicated immediately or as it happens,to your tour manager(in writing via email/whatsapp) for on -site attention,verification and immediate correction.
A summary of the complaints(in case not addressed on site) shall be communicated to the company in writting within 15 days of completion of Safari tour for necessary action.
The complaints /issues raised shall be investigated and addressed within 30 days of formal complaint/issue receipt.
"Force Majeure" means any circumstances where the execution of contractual services is prevented or affected by factors beyond the reasonable control of Kwezi Safaris Limited including, but not limited to acts of God, war and threat of war, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural disasters such as weather conditions, earthquakes, volcano eruptions, fire, governmental actions and other unexpected occurrences.
In these circumstances, we shall not be liable to pay any compensation or otherwise be responsible for any expenses or losses the client may incur where we are forced as a result to cancel, delay, curtail or change the clients’ arrangements in any way or where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected.
Kwezi safaris Limited also reserves the right to accept or decline any traveler on any trip, before or during the trip should such person's mental or physical condition impede the operation of the service or the rights, welfare or enjoyment of other travelers. In this case a refund of the unused land services is the limit of Kwezi Safaris Limited liability to the traveler removed.
We also reserve the right to alter or modify the itinerary of any tour or relocate accommodation if schedules, security matters and/or events beyond our control make such explained above.
It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that their passport, visa, health certificates, inoculations, or other documentation required for the trip are obtained, valid and that are all in order. Should Kwezi Safaris Limited incur any costs as a result of failure by the client to fulfill this responsibility, such costs shall be recovered from the client.
Malaria is endemic in some parts of Africa and precautions must be taken. It is recommended you visit your primary physician or local travel clinic to review any medications or recommended inoculations. Be sure to carry your inoculation certificate with you as proof of inoculations. If you are concerned about taking any medications, check with your physician before you book your trip.
Special Requests & Important Information
The client must either directly or through their travel agent, advise Kwezi Safaris Limited in writing of any special requests or important information about themselves such as diet, physical disability and any need for special treatment or handling at the time of booking.