The Great Wildebeest Migration - the annual migration of giant herds of grazers across Northern Tanzania and Kenya is a truly spectacular event. Over two million wildebeest, zebras and gazelles move through the Serengeti and Masai Mara ecosystems in search of green pasture, in a regular pattern. This is surely one of the greatest wonders of the natural world.
- WIldebeest Migration
- The Big Five Experience
DAY ONE: NAIROBI-NAIROBI - MAASAI MARA NATIONAL RESERVE
- Upon arrival at the airport, there will be meet and greet by one of Kwezi Safaris representative. You shall be briefed about does and dont's in in Maasai Mara National Reserves and later depart for Maasai Mara National Reserve. In transit you shall enjoy the scenic view of the Great Rift Valley. • 1200hrs Expected arrival time Maasai Mara National Reserve where you shall check in for lunch. At 1600hrs you shall check out of the lodge for evening game drive where you might spot wild animals such as; Topis on a watch tower on a Cray ant hill, Heartbeest, Thomson gazelles, Warthogs, Baboons, Lions, Hyenas among others not forgetting bird species such as Bateleur eagle, Maasai ostrich among other bird species. At 1800hrs you shall be transferred back to the lodge for accommodation and dinner.
NB: Late arrival from 1000hrs on wards and overnight, excursion and transfers can be arranged at an extra cost.
DAY TWO: MAASAI MARA (FULL-DAY GAME DRIVE)
- At the lodge you shall be served with breakfast at 0625hrs and later check out for an early game drive where you shall be transferred to the famous Mara River that borders Maasai Mara (Kenya) and Serengeti (Tanzania) to witness the crossing of the wildebeest accompanied by plain zebras. You might spot the reluctant behavior of the wildebeest of either to cross or not but eventually they do cross. At the banks of the river you might spot lions eagerly waiting to agonize the wildebeest or a zebra to it day’s meal.
- During the crossing some of the wildebeest together with plain zebras are drawn by the river flood and others feasted on by the Nile crocodiles harbored in the river. You might also spot the wildebeest breaking its limbs as it tries to jump over the strong jawed crocodiles while others moan helpless on the jaws of lions. At 1230hrs you shall be transferred back to the lodge for lunch. At 1600hrs you shall check out of the lodge for evening game drive where you might spot wild animals such as; Lions, Leopards, Cheetah, Elephants, Buffaloes, Maasai giraffe, Spotted Hyenas, Dwarf mongoose, Hippos in the pool, Baboons, Impalas, Topis among others. Bird species that you might encounter include; Oxypecker, Marabustock, Martial eagle, Woodpecker, Grebes, Hornbills, Wagtails, Tropical boubou among others. At 1800hrs you shall be transferred back to the lodge for accommodation and dinner.
DAY THREE: MAASAI MARA - NAIROBI
- After breakfast, you shall check out of the camp with packed lunch boxes and kick off to an early morning game drive where you might spot predators such as; Lions, Leopards, Cheetah, Wild dogs among others hunting before the day’s temperature rise. You might also spot scavengers such as hyenas and vultures clearing a carcass. At mid-morning, you shall be transferred to a Maasai Manyatta and have a taste of their culture this includes participation dances, milk mixed with blood, making of fire from hardwood and soft wood. You shall also have a chance to buy their art crafts. You shall check out of the park at late afternoon and have a stopover at Mai Mahiu rift valley view point as you transit to Nairobi arriving at an early evening and be transferred to the airport for your international flight departure.
What is included in the tour
Welcome cocktail on Arrival at hotel / Lodge
Face masks and Sanitizers for all guests
Exclusive road transport on a customized tourist LandCruiser van
On Board Wi-Fi, Coolers, charging points and Entertainment where its permitted
Guided game drives in parks.
Park, conservancy and sanctuary entry fee.
One bottle of Mineral water per person per day.
Briefngs and advisory notes
Back up tour Van on stand-by in case of breakdowns.
Picnic Lunch Box(on the day of departure).
What is NOT included in the tour
While we strive to provide the best value for money by including all the amenities possible in our packages, there are other costs that will be transferred to the guests. These include but not limited to:
- Travel/flying doctors rescue services: We encourage guests to arrange for personal insurance covers. We are more than happy to facilitate these, alongside flight bookings.
- Balloon safaris: These can be organized as per guest requests.
- Tips or Gratitude’s: While most bills will include a service charge, Guests are free to tip as per their own will.
- Laundry, personal toiletries and item of a personal nature: For reasons of preference, we shall not provide these. However, all COVID-19 Regulations and requirements shall be catered for.
- Visas, health certificates: Kwezi Safaris can help to facilitate these at extra fees.
- Optional activities. Sundowners. Cultural dances and art crafts. Guided nature walks and camps: We are more than happy to put together value packages for guests wishing to experience cultural products or mingle with local communities.